Thursday, October 10, 2013

A cuppa with... Kirsty from Hello Lovely


Have you discovered the beautiful Jewellery from Hello Lovely?  I have, and I absolutely adore!  I'm loving my deep blue drop earrings, which go perfectly with my current wardrobe obsession, coral and navy blue, I just can't get enough of this combo after years of avoiding navy due to school uniform flashbacks.  As you know, I like to find out a bit more about the creative person behind my favourite loves, so asked Kirsty if she wouldn't mind answering a few questions about herself, and her inspirations, she kindly obliged.  So carry on and have a read and be sure to check out her website.  It's a great idea to follow her on facebook too, as I've discovered her range is constantly evolving and she always seems to be right up to date (or one step ahead) of current trends!

As a special treat for MissMollyCoddle readers, Kirsty is offering 20% off purchases through her website until the end of October.  Just enter code MMC20 at checkout.

Enjoy x


Tell us a bit about yourself...
I’m Kirsty Robinson, a 34 year old former Senior Policy Advisor turned stay-at-home-mum/small-business owner/jeweller. I’m married to Todd;  we have two sons, Liam (5) and Dylan (3), a cat called Castro, and live in Pegasus, North Canterbury.
When did you start making jewellery and what prompted you to do so?
I started making jewellery about two and a half years ago. I had begun treatment for Post-natal Depression and all of a sudden had an urge to do something creative – I dabbled in sorts of things but enjoyed making jewellery the most and it just kind of stuck (despite being a non-jewellery wearer at the time)!


Do you make all the jewellery yourself and where?
I sure do, although I do have a very good assistant who helps me out when things get a bit manic (thanks Mum xx)!! We moved house at Easter, and I am now the proud owner of my own craft room/office. It’s such a treat having my own area to work in and not having to try and pack everything away each day!
What is your favourite material to work with and why?
I really enjoy working with resin because there are so many possibilities with it – I have all sorts of wee projects in the works involving resin, but they are more hobby than jewellery for Hello Lovely. I do love working in my graphics programmes also – again there are so many possibilities and I love playing with colour and lighting to get the perfect image for a pair of earrings or pendant.

Where do you find your inspiration?
Lurking all around me to be honest – online, in music, from the landscapes and objects that surround me, during a trip to the shops, flicking through magazines…
Favourite colour and colour combo?
Right now I can’t get enough of fuchsia pink and tangerine. I guess my all-time favourite colour would have to be teal.


What is your most treasured possession?
Our family photo albums and external hard-drive full of photos.
What do you feel naked without - Earrings or necklace? A necklace – unfortunately, I have such sensitive ears I have trouble wearing earrings – the irony of making jewellery and having this problem isn’t lost on me!


Tell us what your ideal weekend looks like...Ideally it would begin with a sleep in followed by a family trip to the local farmers market and one of our favourite cafes for brunch. Then some sort of activity with the kids – puddling down at the lake, a trip to the museum, a bike ride – and an hour or so in the late-afternoon sun with a good book, magazine or a bit of pinterest and a glass of riesling. I’d end the day with a yummy home-cooked meal and good company. Sleep. And repeat!
Any exciting plans for Hello Lovely?  New collections are in the works for a summer release – bright tropical colours and a variety of materials – wood, paint, lucite, beautiful Czech beads and some gorgeous vintage German cut glass I managed to find! We also have a couple of lovely new stockists coming on board and some exciting fetes lined up in the lead up to Christmas – lots to look forward to!
Do you have a favourite pearl of wisdom you'd like to share with us? Take a moment to experience and find joy in what you do instead of just rolling through the motions to try and ‘get everything done’. My Nan always told me that your children grow up so quickly, they’re adults before you know it so make the most of time you have with them – I think that can be applied to lots of things in our busy modern day lives. We’re surrounded by such a constant flow of information and demands that sometimes we forget to just ‘stop and smell the roses’.



Thanks so much Kirsty, it was lovely to find out a bit more about you, and I can't wait to see your upcoming styles. 

Sarah x

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...