Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New book Tuesday... Furniture makeovers

Anna Dalton Church, via Pinterest

I absolutely LOVE the furniture revamps above and have gone back to admire them again and again. They're totally current, gorgeous colours and styled to perfection!  Having run out of space in my home for any more furniture, I'm avoiding the op-shops and garage sales, for fear they may produce the 'perfect piece', the piece I will under no circumstances be able to leave behind (or  forever regret doing so).  So, I will wistfully admire these ladies creations, and brush up on techniques and ideas for when space is available to do some of my own.  With this in mind, I've borrowed a fabulous new book from the library...


This book is brilliant.  Not only is it full of helpful advice on everything from how to select pieces, tools and materials needed, through to techniques, it has loads of 'before' and 'after' revamps (of individually named pieces), revamps that I would be more than happy to have in my home.  There's loads of books in the library on restoration techniques, but they just don't grab and inspire me with their dated overhauls.  This book however does, and I'm sure any interiors addict will be equally besotted, so make sure you have a read.  It's author Barb Blair also has website, Knackstudios, if you'd like to see more of the makeovers she does for her thriving store of the same name.

Images via pinterest

Enjoy the read, and please let me know if you've come across any great new books lately.

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I need that book! I have pieces dotted around the house that in "intend" to do up. Then I chicken out thinking I may ruin them. This could be the inspiration I need! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful book. Our house is pretty spartan and could do with a few statement pieces to give it more personality, but the trouble is my husband and I find it hard to agree on what those pieces should be. Let's just say that our house will take many years for it to feel 'right'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - gorgeous pieces! Would love to get stuck into some furniture renovations one day :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...