Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New book Tuesday... (on a wednesday)


I thought I'd start a semi regular post, without making too much of commitment (actually none whatsoever), in fact it may be sporadic, though the name suggests it shouldn't be!  I love discovering new books and new authors to follow, and thought I'd start sharing a few favourites.  They'll mainly be of the home interiors, cooking or crafting variety.  In a world full of online inspiration, it's still a pleasure to turn the pages of a beautiful book and more often than not, discover a new inspiration online from it, be it a blog or pinterest page.

The name of these posts stems from the previous owners of our home, who for a few years were also our neighbours, I miss our chats over the fence, while pegging out the washing.  Anyway, our local Library always puts out new books on a Tuesday, they're displayed for a week before being available for loan.  It was new book Tuesday (as they fondly refer to it) that brought these neighbours together, as he would come in to check out the books... and apparently the lovely librarian too!


This weeks book I want to show you, is Pretty Pastel Style, by interiors stylist, Selina Lake.  I've been a fan of hers for a while and was excited to see she was releasing a fourth book.  I managed to request it before it'd even made it to 'new book Tues', so was first in line to loan it, yippee!


Don't be fooled into thinking it's another shabby chic/country decor book.  Yes, it's full of beautiful pastels, but there's also plenty of mention of modern metallics and neons and how they work so well with a pastel palette.  Take the image below for example, with it's gorgeous pastels, beautiful vintage imagery, and modern chevron, washi tape and neon pink, what a great collaboration.  Delicious!

images via pinterest.

I've already gotten heaps of ideas and inspiration and I've only flicked through it.  Time for a cuppa and a proper browse... the sewing/dishes/laundry can wait.  So I hope you grab yourself a copy, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Sarah x


1 comment:

  1. great idea, i am always on the look out for new books. I just got out "Design Your Home' today by Shaynna Blaze, i am addicted to interiors books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...