Thursday, December 20, 2012

My creative space showcase...



My creative space this week is a bit of a showcase of past creative spaces, and how they've all come together.  I haven't shown you the great lamp revamp though.  Remember my bargain table lamp?  Well I recovered the shade in a gorgeous, hot pink chevron, and I love it.   I've been tidying up and brightening up our bedroom, banishing black in favour of lots of white, duck egg blue and pops of pink and red.  Never again will I buy black curtains!  They have their place I'm sure, and certainly were good for blocking the light, but it's not a sunny room, plus they really closed it in.  Here is what what it looked like when I posted about the red mirror revamp.  I've since painted the spindle back chair in Karen Walker Robins Egg, such a beautiful colour.  The print above it is from one of my favourite illustrators, Sweet William.  The doily cushions were a place mat redo, and the embroidered one was a recent creative space project.

It's such a  beautiful day here and I'm torn between my sewing machine, and finishing a new pair of shoes for Ben, and my garden, ablaze with colour... and overgrown with weeds.  Thankfully it's more cottage than minimalist, way more forgiving.

To see more creative spaces, pop over here.

Have a lovely afternoon.  I hope all your Christmas preparations are coming together.




Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a peacful, restful space. I love the pops of pink and red. I could hop right into that bed right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks really different with your updated colour scheme... Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...