Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Monday morning to you....




I hope you had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the royal wedding, I did!  I was only going to watch Kate arrive (the dress of course) but couldn't switch the telly off.  She looked amazing, and so in love, was lovely to see.

I had an early start the following morning, as I held my first garage sale for many years.  It was quite interesting being on the other side of one.  Apart from a couple of cheeky early customers(one who peered into my house and enquired about items on my dresser being for sale, a bit intrusive!),  I quite enjoyed the chit chat.  An hour into it and only $9 better off, I thought it may turn out quite embarrassing having to carry everything back inside.   However most sales were made late morning and it was well worth it.  Plus my house is a bit more decluttered, yay!

Anyway, I've been meaning to share my choc cake recipe with you. We had a lovely friend, and her gorgeous wee daughter for tea not so long ago.  It was her birthday, so I made a cake.  It's so easy, all just gets mixed in one bowl, no creaming, or anything time consuming or fiddly.  Pretty economical too, not a lot of butter.  I usually just ice with icing sugar and cocoa icing, though if it's a special occasion I make the ganache and spread my favourite jam inside.  I always think a cake  looks a little bit fancy if on a pedestal too, this was one we had on our dessert table at our wedding.  Oh and I accidentally bought magic candles... it was like putting sparklers (handheld sparkling fireworks) on top, wee bit confusing for the girls too.

Bon appetit!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the recipe, i've been wanting a nice easy one so will give this a go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...